Wednesday, July 11, 2007

Not really what I had planned, but...

I decided to use my Doodle This stamp set and colors to match this ribbon that I pulled out of the dollar bin at Michael's. The colors Pretty in Pink and Certainly Celery were great matches, but I had a lot of trouble matching the darker pink. I finally settled on Pink Passion, but once I put the card together they don't entirely match. I'm guessing that from the picture, most won't be able to tell - but I can tell. :(


But before the matching problem was discovered, I learned that I am not good at sewing on cards. So - I can't sew curtains and I can't sew cards. :( Of course - I had to learn the hard way that I don't sew cards very well. Hence all the holes that are pierced all around my Certainly Celery Designer Prints Paper. I started sewing and it all messed up, but by then there were holes all across the top of my paper. My choice was to each throw it out, or pierce all the little holes and try to pretend that is what I wanted it to look like. So I chose to pretend.







The recipe:
Stamps: Doodle This, So Very (Sell-a-bration 2007) and Petals Jumbo roller
Paper: Pink Passion, Pretty in Pink, Certainly Celery Designer Prints
Ink: Pink Passion, Whisper White Craft Ink
Accessories: ribbon, and flower shaped eyelet

No comments: