Wednesday, July 11, 2007

Best Fishes

Can you tell that my summer classes have come to a close - I have posted 4 cards in the last week! Actually I gave the final exams yesterday and got them graded. Today I have to go and turn in my grades, but I have to start teaching another class tomorrow. This shouldn't be quite as bad though - it is only one class, but they do meet for three hours a day - yuck!

One of the Sell-a-bration sets this past year was a really cute one called Very Punny. It has small images with small sayings. The sad thing is that I have had this stamp set since February and this is the first time that I used it. That happens with things that I get for free though. I'm not sure what it is - but if I pay for it, I use it as soon as it arrives. If it was free it is really a toss up how long it will sit on my shelf before it gets used. :(


On this one I totally CASE'd (Copy and Share Everything) another card that I saw made with this same set. The problem is, I don't remember at all where it was that I saw it. The other one was a green card and used the little frog image that says "Hoppy for You". I decided though that the Cuttlebug embossing folder I used on the background really goes great with the bubbles that the fish is blowing out. And I used 3 colors that really don't see much used by me - Brilliant Blue, Only Orange and Yoyo Yellow. The ribbon is a color called Maize that matches so well with Yoyo Yellow - I better not start using that color too often since Stampin' Up! discontinued the Maize Grosgrain Ribbon.

Anyway - enjoy the card - hope it gets your creative juices flowing!

1 comment:

Sherry Ashford said...

I have that set too and was wondering what I would do with it...what a great idea.