Wednesday, August 1, 2007

Has it really been that long?!?!

Wow - time has gotten away from me! My sister wants me to teach a card class at her house in a couple weeks. It took me while to find time to do some stamping, but I finally picked all the cards that people will make. A few are ones that I have done in the past, but here are a few new ones that I tried out this past weekend to see what I thought.

Both of the birthday cards here I CASE'd from Stampin' Up! publications. On this one I used Pale Plum, but when I do it at the class I will use Almost Amethyst - I decided the plum didn't go quite as well as I had hoped. I made this in the hopes that it would be suitable for a guy, that's why there is no ribbon or anything else frilly.


Here is the recipe:
Stamps: Big Deal Alphabet and Everyday Flexible Phrases
Paper: Brocade Blue, Certainly Celery, Pale Plum, Barely Banana and Whisper White
Ink: Brocade Blue, Certainly Celery, Pale Plum
Accessories: 1 1/4" Square Punch

This one uses one of my favorites - Eat Cake. Where I saw this they were discussing how to make scratch and sniff cards but I won't be able to get into that with the class so this is unscented. :)


Recipe:
Stamps: Eat Cake
Paper: Close to Cocoa, Regal Rose, Old Olive and Very Vanilla
Ink: Chocolate Chip, Old Olive; Markers - Close to Cocoa, Regal Rose, and Old Olive
Accessories: Brads

This next one is a boy baby card. I have been seeing these pocket cards pop up a lot lately and thought I would jump on the bandwagon. Once again, I'm not going to make it this way for the class, but this was just to get an idea. Instead I am going to make the card in Taken with Teal instead of Tuorquoise, mat the Zebra in Green Galore, use ribbon on the folded portion of the card that is Teal and Green (instead of the striped paper), punch the tag out with the same blue polka-dot paper as the rest of the card, and make the pull-out part Turquoise instead of White. I know - it sounds like a lot of changes - but I think it will be super cute!!!


Recipe:
Stamps: Zoofari, Holidays & Wishes, Hugs & Wishes
Paper: Taken with Teal, Tempting Turquoise, Whisper White, Petals & Paisley DS
Ink: Basic Black and Taken with Teal
Accessories: Brads and Round Tab Punch

No comments: