Monday, April 2, 2007

Easter Fun

To celebrate Easter, I cased a card that I saw on someone else's site and made just a couple changes. This card is neat because although it does use the Petals jumbo roller stamp and another stamp from the Polka Dots & Paisley stamp set (both available in the Spring Mini), the whole focus of the card is the easter basket which is made entirely out of punches. I could have not stamped a thing and still had a super cute card!

The base of the basket is made from the Round Tab Punch (also available in the Spring Mini). The top band of the basket is also made with 2 punches of only the top rounded portion of the Round Tab Punch. The basket handle was made by first punching out an oval with the Small Oval Punch, then with the Large Oval Punch. The three eggs were punched with the Small Oval Punch.


I also used the Slit Punch on the side so there would be a little tab to keep the card closed and I punched out a little pink circle with the 1/2-inch Circle Punch that I put over this tab.

And as if the card wasn't cute enough - I added a button for accent over my 1/2-inch circle and this really cute flower brad that I got at my local Michaels.

No comments: