Monday, September 3, 2007

Beate's Weekend Sketch Challenge #17

I took a couple weeks off from the sketch challenges with going on vacation and then getting ready for fall semester. But here is another. Like the last one I did (can't remember which one it was now though) - I love this sketch. There are so many cute things you can do with it. :)


I decided to start in with the Christmas themes and used the old faithful Frosty set for the snowman. I love this set. But I have a feeling that since it has been a around for a few years now it will soon be leaving us (i.e., I am predicting that it will retire either this year or next). I really wanted to use some of my Cutie Pie paper and decided that the little white flowers on the Bashful Blue paper look close enough to snowflakes, although I'm not sure just how many people I am fooling with that.

I made the scalloped edge by punching out a lot of 3/4" circles in Certainly Celery and I used some Confetti White as my neutral on this one. The sentiment is from that retired set that I have been using a lot lately: Cute Converse - I can't help it - they are the perfect size to use with the punches!!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

This is absolutely adorable. I love what you did with the sketch.
Thanks so much for playing with it.
Have a great week.
Hugs and smiles