Saturday, May 26, 2007

Big Blooms

Have I told you how much I love the stamp set Big Blooms? It is in the Spring mini and I have to admit, when I first saw it I wasn't so impressed and didn't think that I would be get it. But it has really grown on me and I want to use it on everything. :)

Anyway - I sat down with Big Blooms and some of the Prints Designer Series paper (currently available as a promotion, but will be in the catalog coming out on July 1st!). I wanted to use only solid cardstock and the prints, but I just kept coming back to Au Chocolat (love it). That is when I decided that I could combine some of the prints paper with Au Chocolat and this is what I came up with. I love how just about everything looks great with chocolate!



After I was done with it, I surprised myself to see that I had chosen the print with the paisley on it - I am not such a paisley fan. The neat thing about the Prints paper is that it will come in a variety of Stampin' Up! colors so it will match everything great!


I actually made that one a few days ago, but didn't want to post it yet until I had done another one. A few weeks ago I bought some really cute ribbon from the bargain bin at Michael's. In fact, I sorted through and picked out ones that I knew would match Stampin' Up! colors. The one that I used in this card I knew would match Taken with Teal, Tempting Turquoise and Green Galore. In fact, this is the first time that I have ever used Taken with Teal so it was an adventure. :) I also used some of the Petals & Paisley Designer Paper on this one.

No comments: