Tuesday, September 18, 2007

Finally getting better...WSC #19

Here is the only card that I have made over the past week. I have been sick with a cold and haven't felt like doing anything besides laying around and resting. I really wanted to use this stamp set, but I had a little trouble staying true to the sketch that was presented. I hope that this is close enough! It is a little plain - but I am feeling plain so I guess that explains it.





The image was colored using a combination of watercolor techniques - I used watercolor crayons, but since they don't make those for the In Colors, I watercolored with the ink for those instead. And the Swirls in the background are from the great stamp set that I got from Beate from winning her challenge a couple weeks ago. Thanks Beate!!!


Recipe:
Stamps: Holy Triptych, Swirls (Autumn Leaves brand)
Paper: Blue Bayou, Purely Pomegranite, Mellow Moss and Very Vanilla
Ink: Timber Brown Stazon, Blue Bayou, Purely Pomegranite and Mellow Moss
Accessories: Watercolor Crayons, Vanilla Taffeta Ribbon

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Julie, I am glad you are feeling a little better. I hope you are completely well soon.
Your card is beautiful! I love your coloring and the added swirls! I am so glad you are using them!
Thanks for playing with the sketch.
Hugs and smiles