Monday, March 19, 2007

Spring is here

In honor of the fact that Spring is in the air all around this time of year, I have a couple cards to post are quite "Spring-y". I cased some cards that I had seen somewhere else and made my own little changes to them. These cards each focus on an alphabet stamp set. Lots of people think that alphabet sets are for scrapbooking only, but they are great to use on cards too.




For the Happy Spring card, I used the Big Deal alphabet. Then I took advantage of the fact that this is the font used in the Polka Dots & Paisley stamp set and used the "happy" stamp from that. Then I used the easter egg stamp from the Tag Time set, but it would look just as good with flowers instead of easter eggs.




For the Happy Birthday card, I used only the Whimsical Lowercase alphabet set and then the flower stamp that comes with the Whimsical Numbers.

One nice thing about each of these alphabet sets - you don't have to worry about keeping your letters straight. For each of these it adds character if they aren't perfectly lined up. For each of these cards I used dimensionals so that some items on the cards would pop out. Enjoy!

No comments: