Thursday, November 8, 2007

Well it's about time!!!

Sorry for the lack of posts lately. I have been busy making cards, it is just that I am making cards that I have made or posted before which would be a bit boring if I kept posting them over and over again. But finally something new to post! :)

My sisters and I are going to be selling cards (mainly Christmas cards) at a craft fair on the 1st of December which means we have been busy bees lately. Here is a Christmas card that I just made, but am thinking about tweaking slightly.
I used a retired set from 2 years ago (has it really been that long?). I matted the tree on Brocade Blue, but now I am thinking that it really does look better matted in Real Red even though it means the center of the eyelets will also be red. And if I mat the tree with red, that means I need to change the matting for the Mellow Moss embossed rectangle to be something else. I'm thinking white. Hmmm.

Anyway - the recipe here is:
Stamps: Trim the Tree, Season's Greetings (both retired)
Paper: Brocade Blue, Real Red, Mellow Moss, Shimmery White
Ink: Brocade Blue
Markers: Mellow Moss, So Saffron, Real Red, Brocade Blue
Accessories: eyelets, Wide Real Red Grosgrain Ribbon, Cuttlebug Spots & Dots embossing folder

1 comment:

KimberLeigh said...

Wow, Julie, this card is way fun, and extremely impressive! WOW!